Recipe: Chicken Sizzler Momos by WOW! Momo
December 30, 2016
Serves – 1
- Oil – 1 Cup
- Chicken– 6 pieces ( for one person)
- Noodles (Boiled)- 200 grams
- Spring onion – 2
- Salt to taste
- Cabbage – 30 gms to fry and 30 gms for garnishing
- Carrot – 1
- Onion -1
- Green Capsicum – 1
- Ajinomoto – ½ Tsp
- Black paper -1/2 Tsp
- Schezwan sauce – 1 cup
- Mix the 2 tbsp. of oil and a pinch of salt in the flour.
- Then knead the flour into dough with some water.
- Keep the dough covered with a damp cloth.
- Cook the minced chicken with some salt, turmeric powder, ginger-garlic paste. Drain the boiled chicken and keep aside.
- Heat oil and add the minced ginger-garlic to it.
- Add the sliced onion and fry till it turns pink. Add a pinch of sugar to this.
- Add the chopped spring onions, carrots, cabbage.
- Fry till the vegetables are cooked.
- Next add the minced chicken and fry for 3-4 mines.
- Then add the soya sauce, chilli sauce and tomato sauce and mix well.
- Season with salt and white pepper powder.
- Take it off the gas and let it to cool.
- Take the dough and make a thin roti out of it. Keep it big.
- Take a small bowl with sharp edges and cut out equal shapes from this roti. Please ensure that the cut-outs/wrappers are not very small.
- For packing please hold the wrapper on your palm and a tablespoon of chicken mixture in the centre of it. Following this,bring all edges together to the centre with pleats
- Pinch and twist the pleats to ensure the absolute closure of the stuffed dumpling.
- You can also add a tbsp. of chicken mixture in a small cut out wrapper and fold it in a semicircle by flattening the edges with a fork. Please ensure absolute closure of the stuffed momo.
- Heat up a steamer, oil the steamer rack well. (This is critical because it will prevent dumplings from sticking.)
- Arrange uncooked momos in the steamer with some space left between them. Close the lid, and allow steaming until the momos are cooked thoroughly for about 10-15 min.
- Take the momos off the steamer and immediately serve these with Garlic chutney.
- You can also deep fry the momos before serving them.