Makar Sankranti – A Healthy Beginning To 2020
It’s that time of the year again, colorful celebrations, bonfires at dawn, beautiful rangolis, the return of natives, and some really tasty food! We are as excited about the Sankranti celebrations as you are. Being one of the most ancient festivals in India, it is celebrated in various different ways, be it Lohri, Pongal, Bihu, Maghi, Uttarayan or Makar Sankranti. Even with India’s diversified culture, it is still a unified celebration and worship of Lord Surya.
As one of India’s most ancient festivals, it is necessary that we know what significance this auspicious day holds for us. It is believed in the Hindu religion that on this day, every year, the Sun starts its Utarayan or the Northward movement of the Sun begins. Hindus also see this as a time to start something new and let go of everything unnecessary.
We have decided to celebrate this Sankranti with a twist of health and happiness and we want to share with you how!
- The amazing worship of Lord Surya with the help of a little yoga, let’s start with a beautiful morning of Surya Namaskar. The Sun is not just an epitome of our everyday being but also a big star of tremendous energy. The exposure to sunlight early in the morning will help your body absorb a whole lot of much needed Vitamin D. Start your New Year with some positive energy and happiness.
- Make your own little garden – Lets plant greens
This is one of the best and necessary ways to start of a New Year where we have been facing a massive hit of climate change. Planting trees or saplings will not only help the environment around us but also help us with better mental and emotional health as studies have shown that exposure to nature helps in gaining concentration and reducing stress.
- Spend time with your friends and family
Not one Indian festival is complete without mom’s amazing food, mischiefs of the little kids, and the heart felt blessings of the elders. The time we spend with our family and friends is the least stressful time, brings out our inner happiness and helps us forget all worries for the time being. A little time off is always good.
- Donate what you do not need.
If you plan to take out things that you don’t need anymore but can be reused, donate it. According to ancient beliefs, helping the underprivileged and giving always comes back to us in abundance. A bonus to this is seeing the smile on the faces of these beautiful children when they receive gifts, no matter how small or big they are.
- Lastly, let’s not forget the shopping and necessities you will need for this amazing festival. We can definitely help you out with that one! Designer clothes, intricate jewellery, fashionable shoes and the much-needed gifts for your loved ones. Celebrate Makar Sankranti with us this year. Shop without worries at Forum Sujana Mall as we introduce to you a massive sale on your favorite brands from 10th – 15th January 2020.
There is so much about the Indian traditions that are absolutely alluring and we are proud to be a part of it. Makar Sankranti is truly an embodiment of a new beginning, and we can’t wait to start our new beginning with you. Happy Sankranti!